Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Initial Observations about WHEN ONE MAN DIES

1.) This book is pretty thin. $13.95 for only 273 pages? At Wal-Mart I can buy a 600-page book for $5.43.

2.) This novel looks like it's water-damaged. If you look at the top left-hand corner of each chapter page, there's some sort of weird smudge-like discoloration -- did the publisher actually intend the book to look this way?

3.) Weird looking font. I'm a Times New Roman guy/gal myself. This looks more like a Jodi Picoult novel than a mystery.

4.) Really short chapters. I guess Dave White has gone all James Patterson on us. And I thought Mr. White was better than that.

5.) You know Dave White's an English teacher, because the title of this book comes from a quotation by John Donne. But whatever you think of the title, at least it's better than THE GODWULF MANUSCRIPT.

Official review coming shortly.

7 comments:

Dave White said...

The "water stain" is supposed to be blood. You know... like when a man is murdered?

Dave White said...

Wow... you're a slow reader.

I hope you saw the press you got on Laura Lippman's website.

Dave White said...

Hmmm Boring week at Plot's place.

Dave White said...

Now it's been two weeks. What happened to Plot?

David J. Montgomery said...

Who is stalking who??

Dave White said...

And we reach the 3 week mark.

Still no review.

David Montgomery asks a thoughtful question.

Dave White said...

I'm taking your silence as indicative of your undying lunch for my book.